WELCOME

hello y'all! welcome to IBK SPEAKS, hope you enjoy and relate with the information you get on here. Tell a friend about your new discovery. MARTIANSHIP is now official

Sunday 30 October 2011

IDENTIFY THAT OPPORTUNITY (ACTION FOR JOS CONCERT)



...And so it begins, my first post on my blog and it just had to be on my experience at the ACTION 4 JOS concert which took place on the 23rd of october 2011 at VGC lagos. 

Featuring were: JEREMIAH GYANG,BEZ,TOSIN MARTINS,MODELE,CHIDIMA,the CHOC BOYS and yours truely IBK SPACESHIPBOI amongst a host of other talented artist.
I decided to call today's post "Identify that opportunity" because that was how I got to be on the performance list. It all happened like this; I got a broadcast message on my phone, read through, found out it was a free concert with a charitable course which meant loads of people would be there, saw a great opportunity to share and get more people to hear and know more about IBK and the message of hope he brings, contacted the sender of the broadcast message, indicated my interest and boom! I had my chance to be a blessing to those in attendance.
I left the martainship lair *muuhahahahaha* for the venue with a very good friend of mine, singer and song writer Omolara *kai! We didn't even take picture together, I use hand cover face*
The sun was not happy at all, *kai!The thing just dey fire guys like dis ehn* and since it rained heavy the night before, the atmosphere was humid (recipe for sweating if you asked me). The concert kicked off with great performances from up coming artist and then it was my turn to mount the stage. As usual I felt that sense of nervousness but just a little dose. IK(the bigbrother presenter guy) goes "let's welcome IBK!!", few shouts and claps(u see why you have to tell more people about the good thing that you have found? Ehen! So they know ahead of time who IBK is and the clapping will be like thunder!) Lol! anyway, the track came on sharply and God did His thing through me. It was energetic and I enjoyed performing (I HAVE A DREAM). It was a smiling moment on stage seeing a ten year old boy singing the hook and people feeling the music. At the end, the cheers were louder.

 As I got off the stage, I reunited with friends and classmates of my one year stay at the University of PortHarcourt, friends from Covenant university, people that have heard about the name IBK and it's association with the DonJazzy enigma beat competition and lots more. Found myself signing autographs and giving out my single CD for I HAVE A DREAM, it was awesome being a blessing. My high point of my being there was when I met one of the men I respect so much Fela Durotoye. I gave him my cd and told him how much being present at his seminars back in 2007 inspired me to be where I am today. He demanded I signed the cd I gave him so I wrote "to that mentor Fela Durotoye, keep shining, IBK" *kai! I no even put date cause I was a little shaky, I cover face*. He prayed with me and told me some of his plans for the conferences he would be putting together in the near future.
It was a great time seeing Modele on stage singing the national anthem (we just made a track together by the way, watch out for that), Bez doing his thing with the guitar, Jeremiah has an awesome voice and the Choc boys destroyed the place! Brutal!
People came with clothes and other items. It was a big truck load of items that left the venue for Jos that night. It will be distributed to those in need over there. God bless all those that gave, and to all the artists that performed for free. Keep rocking

So, I hope you can see how, identifying an opportunity and acting on it can make you be a blessing to your world. God bless.

Enjoy some sights, sorry no sound. Hehehehe

IBK AND BEZ

IBK AND FELA DUROTOYE

                                                                                            IBK AND ANTONETTE 


                                                                                                    IBK AND LILY

                                                                                                  IBK AND HALLY

                                                                                           IBK AND TOSIN MARTINS

                                                                                        IBK, LYDIA AND sweet DAMI

                                                                        IBK, TARA, ANTONETTE AND FRIEND

                                                                                          TARA AND ANTONETTE 

                                                                                        FRIEND, BEZ AND LYDIA

1 comment:

  1. IBK!!!!

    I am proud of you. You have come a long way...the hard work's starting to pay off. God bless you! Keep blessing people with your music.

    ReplyDelete